COS2023: Call For Abstracts
COS is now accepting abstracts for the 2023 COS Annual Meeting in Montreal, Quebec. The abstract submission deadline is Monday, November 7, 2022 at 11:59 PM ET.
In addition to Paper (oral) presentations, we will continue to have the following forms of presentation:
- ePosters: Say goodbye to poster tubes and printing – All accepted posters will be offered as electronic poster (ePoster) presentations.
- Surgical Videos: Show off your surgical skills by submitting a video. Surgical videos will be displayed alongside the ePosters (maximum five (5) minutes in duration).
The COS Annual Meeting historically boasts an 80+% acceptance rate with abstracts making up over 50% of all presentations. With so many abstracts, it is important to set your research apart – follow these keys to a successful submission when drafting your abstract or editing your video:
- Follow all abstract guidelines; read and understand the rejection criteria.
- List all authors/producers and declare all financial interests for each author/producer.
- Indicate that ethics approval has been obtained, where required.
- Submit your abstract to the appropriate subspecialty session.
- Include a short descriptive title and avoid gratuitous statements and irrelevant information.
- Provide an abstract that is clear, concise, and free of errors.
- Papers and ePosters:
- In the body of your abstract, include study details under the headings: Purpose, study design, methods, results and conclusions. Abstracts with “results pending” or “conclusions to be discussed” will not be accepted. Information about sample size, study duration, follow-up, techniques used, etc. should be included.
- Surgical Videos:
- Submit a video that is well-edited, clear and easy to follow.
- In the body of your written abstract, include an outline of key areas featured in your surgical video.
Before submitting your abstract, please review the relevant abstract guidelines:
The 2023 COS Annual Meeting will take place from June 15 – 18 in Montreal, Quebec and registration will open in early 2023. For more information, please visit the meeting website at www.cos-sco.ca/cos2023.