The inaugural Canadian Ophthalmic Imaging Symposium 2018 occurred on May 5, 2018 in Montreal, Quebec, bringing ophthalmologist communities together to share inter-disciplinary education and exchange best practices for eye imaging.
The program was designed to meet the educational needs of retina specialists, glaucoma specialists and respective fellows. Moreover, the event brought together members of the retina and glaucoma communities and specialists who shared an interest in new techniques and methods for imaging in the eye and their application to clinical ophthalmology.
The symposium included a robust full-day program that incorporated plenary sessions featuring presentations from preeminent guest lecturers on the contemporary applications of ophthalmic imaging in the diagnosis and management of ocular disease. Complementary to the plenary sessions were separate retina and glaucoma breakouts, where meeting delegates discussed interesting and challenging cases using ophthalmic imaging in their own practices.
Participants in the Canadian Ophthalmic Imaging Symposium 2018 had the opportunity to:
- Exchange imaging, diagnosis, and medical management strategies with colleagues and thought leaders, across a range of retinal disorders and glaucoma
- Review how to interpret OCT images regarding retinal disorders and glaucoma
- Apply practical clinical decision-making using OCT
- Review advanced new imaging technologies and their potential advantages and clinical use
- Gain updated knowledge regarding key studies and evidence-based management of retinal diseases and glaucoma – as presented and discussed by medical experts
For all accreditation information and how to document credits for participating in the symposium, please visit the COIS 2018 website.