Join the online FREE Choosing Wisely Canada National Meeting in collaboration with the Canadian Medical Association.
Date: May 12 and 13, 2021
This year’s National Meeting will explore the interplay between overuse and underuse, and how to prevent low-value services from diverting energy and resources from care that truly matters during these precarious times.
Bringing together health professionals, patients, system leaders, and researchers, this two-day virtual event is a unique opportunity to learn about leading Choosing Wisely efforts taking place across the country.
|Topics include: |
Using Blood Wisely
Audit and Feedback Implementation Science
Using Antibiotics Wisely
Primary Care Reboot
|Choosing Wisely Hospitals |
Serious Illness Conversations
Freeing Up Capacity Post Pandemic
At the National Meeting you will:
- Engage with the Choosing Wisely community in an energized exchange of ideas on overuse
- Hear about practical and implementable strategies for reducing overuse, and understand their impact
- Network with colleagues who share a commitment to reducing overuse
- Translate and apply best practices for reducing overuse in health care in their clinical settings
- Design effective approaches for evaluating interventions related to reducing overuse
- Develop strategies to share successful interventions across their health care organization
- ROYAL COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS OF CANADA:
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the University of Ottawa’s Office of Continuing Professional Development. You may claim a maximum of 8.25 hours (credits are automatically calculated).
- COLLEGE OF FAMILY PHYSICIANS OF CANADA:
This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the University of Ottawa’s Office of Continuing Professional Development for up to 8.25 Mainpro+ credits.
All content included in the National Meeting will be presented free of charge. Register here.