A medical education program for a broad Canadian medical audience focused on inherited retinal diseases and gene therapy. It will include 6 short talks (~ 10 min each) on IRD patient journey + Panel discussion on the Multidisciplinary Management of a IRD patient and a 30 min Live QnA with all the faculty members.
Date: Thursday April 29, 2021
Time: 6:00 – 8:00 PM EDT
- When to suspect an inherited retinal disease (IRD) – the first consultation – Dr. Ana Juricic
- The complexities of identifying a genetic diagnosis: a team approach – Dr. Ian MacDonald, MSc, MD, CM and Leslie Colvin James, B.Sc., M.Sc
- The significance of finding the causal gene in a patient with IRD – Dr. Robert Koenekoop, MD, PhD
- Treatments for IRDs in the era of gene therapies – Dr. Ajoy Vincent, MBBS, MS
- Role of retinal specialists in the IRD landscape – Dr. Peter Kertes, MD, CM, FRCSC
- Optimizing remaining vision and adapting to new vision – Dr. Ana Juricic
- Panel discussion- All faculty – Chaired by Dr. Ana Juricic
- Live Q&A
Please click below to register for the web teleconference.
This program is supported Novartis Pharmaceuticals Canada Inc.