2020 COS Annual Meeting Abstract Submissions are Now Closed
COS is now accepting abstracts online for the 2020 COS Annual Meeting in Vancouver, BC. The abstract submission deadline is Monday, November 4, 2019 at 11:59 PM ET.
In addition to paper (oral) presentations, we are pleased to introduce two (2) new and improved forms of presentation:
- ePosters: Say goodbye to poster tubes and printing – All accepted posters will be offered as electronic poster (ePoster) presentations.
- Surgical Videos: Show off your surgical skills by submitting a video. COS is now accepting surgical videos to be displayed alongside the ePosters (maximum five (5) minutes in duration).
The COS Annual Meeting historically boasts an 80+% acceptance rate with abstracts making up over 50% of all presentations. With so many abstracts, it is important to set your research apart – follow these keys to a successful submission when drafting your abstract or editing your video:
- Follow all abstract guidelines; read and understand the rejection criteria.
- List all authors/producers, and declare all financial interests for each author/producer.
- Indicate that ethics approval has been obtained, where required.
- Submit your abstract to the appropriate subspecialty session.
- Include a short descriptive title and avoid gratuitous statements and irrelevant information.
- Provide an abstract that is clear, concise and free of errors.
- Papers and ePosters:
- In the body of your abstract, include study details under the headings: Purpose, study design, methods, results and conclusions. Abstracts with “results pending” or “conclusions to be discussed” will not be accepted. Information about sample size, study duration, follow-up, techniques used, etc. should be included.
- Surgical Videos:
- Submit a video that is well-edited, clear and easy to follow.
- In the body of your written abstract, include an outline of key areas featured in your surgical video.
Before submitting your abstract, please review the relevant abstract guidelines: