The Association of Medical Microbiology and Infectious Disease (AMMI) Canada and the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) are collaborating on an online open access webinar series to provide cutting edge continuing education to Canadian medical professionals in the context of COVID-19.
Date: Thursday, July 9, 2020
Time: 16:00 – 16:45 EDT
Title: Infection Prevention & Control (IPAC) Management of COVID-19 in Long-term Care
Speaker: Dr. Jerome Leis MD, MSC, FRCPC
Dr. Leis is the Medical Director of Infection Prevention & Control at Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre and Associate Professor in the Department of Medicine at the University of Toronto. His research is focused on the development of new models of care that reduce the risk of hospital-acquired infection and promote the appropriate use of antibiotics. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Dr. Leis has supported both hospital and long-term care sectors in both prevention and control of COVID-19 transmission.
• Review the transmission of COVID-19 in long-term care homes
that experienced outbreaks
• Discuss infection prevention and control practices for protecting residents
and healthcare workers in long-term care facilities
- Sarah Forgie MD, MED, FRCPC, President, Association of Medical, Microbiology and Infectious Disease (AMMI) Canada
- Marina Salvadori MD, FRCPC, COVID-19 Clinical Lead Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
To register please CLICK HERE.
Things to note:
- The presentation will be delivered in English and recorded.
- The recording will be made available on the AMMI Canada website immediately following the event. www.ammi.ca