A PATH TO A NEW VISION: Virtual Care – COVID and Beyond
Are you struggling to provide ophthalmology care to your patients virtually during the pandemic? We are excited to have Dr. Dawn Sim, Associate Professor at University College London and Director of Telemedine at the Moorfields Digital Laboratory as our guest speaker.
They will be sharing their experiences with ophthalmology virtual care. Given the current challenges of seeing patients in person, as well as the challenges of catching up on the backlog of patient visits in future, is virtual care going to be a practical option to assist us? Join us to find out.
- Date: Thursday, May 7th
- Time: 4:00 pm EDT
- Zoom Link to register for this webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_YIkWMQDJSl-3tBgkX6HK9g
- Access Password: 125342
Moderator: Dr. Guillermo Rocha
Guest Speaker: Dr. Dawn Sim
Cross-Country Canadian Panel:
- Dr. Kenman Gan (Comprehensive, Glaucoma, British Columbia)
- Dr. Karim Damji (Glaucoma, Alberta)
- Dr. Varun Chaudhary (Retina, Ontario)
- Dr. Ike Ahmed (Glaucoma, Cataract, Ontario)
- Dr. Ahsen Hussain (Oculoplastics, Nova Scotia)
The Planning Committee is made of up members of the COS Council on CPD, Chaired by Dr. Colin Mann, and includes Dr. Mona Harissi-Dagher, Dr. Varun Chaudhary, and Dr. Hady Saheb.
Please use the link below to submit questions in advance of the webinar: https://ca.surveygizmo.com/s3/50075021/APathtoaNewVisionQuestions
Your questions will help to guide the presentation by Dr. Sim and the provincial correspondents.
At the end of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe and apply strategies for practicing ophthalmology during the evolving phases of the COVID-19 pandemic in Canada
- Describe the effect of the COVID-19 pandemic on ophthalmologists practicing in Canada
- Describe practical tips and tricks for providing ophthalmology care virtually, during and after the COVID pandemic
This event is an Accredited Group Learning Activity (Section 1) as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the Canadian Ophthalmological Society. You may claim a maximum of 1 hour.
Going forward the COS webinar series A Path to a New Vision will take place on Thursdays at 4:00 pm EDT. Future topics may include Physician Wellness during COVID; Financial Implications of COVID-19; A Return to Elective Cataract Surgery.
This webinar series was delivered with financial support from an educational grant provided to the COS by Bayer.
Colleen Drake, Coordinator, Continuing Professional Development, Canadian Ophthalmological Society at [email protected] with any questions.