This module was co-developed by the Canadian Cataract Institute and the Canadian Ophthalmological Society to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance. Through this online module participants will review video and respond to a set of reflective questions related to each case.
Participants will be asked to review three topics:
- Postop cylinder after toric IOL: Now what?
- Tight spaces: Phaco in the small eye
- Footloose: Intraoperative zonular weakness urgent management
- Manage patients with toric IOLs with post-operative astigmatism
- Identify techniques for phacoemulsification in patients with small eye
- Manage patients with intraoperative zonular weakness
This program address the Medical Expert, Collaborator, Leader and Scholar CanMEDS roles.
This online module is an Accredited Self-Assessment Program, Section 3 as defined by the Maintenance of Certification Program of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, and approved by the Canadian Ophthalmological Society.
This online module was co-developed by the Canadian Ophthalmological Society and the Canadian Cataract Institute and was planned to achieve scientific integrity, objectivity and balance.
Visit the Canadian Cataract Institute website to access the online module.