AMMI Canada is hosting a Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) webinar to inform Canadian health care providers about the COVID-19 vaccines to increase their knowledge and confidence in the vaccines.
Topic: The Public Health Agency of Canada presents COVID-19 Vaccine Foundations for Health Care Providers.
Date: Dec 14-15, 2020
Time: 01:00 PM – 3:00 PM EDT
Access Details: Webinar Registration – Zoom
Opening remarks by Dr. Howard Njoo, Deputy Chief Public Health Officer
Module 1 – Health Canada COVID-19 Vaccine Approval and the Role of NACI in COVID-19 Vaccine Planning
Dr. Megan Bettle, Health Canada and Dr. Caroline Quach, Chair of the National Advisory Committee on Immunization (NACI)
- To describe the Health Canada vaccine approval pathway for vaccines, including changes under the interim order and the status of current rolling submissions
- To underscore the guidance delivered and expected from the National Advisory
Module 2 – COVID-19 Vaccines in Canada
Dr. April Killikelly and Dr. Marina Salvadori, the Public Health Agency of Canada
- To compare the platform technologies used by candidate vaccines against SARS-COV-2/COVID-19.
- To discuss mRNA vaccines in development by Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna
Module 3 – COVID-19 Vaccine Administration and Immunization Clinic Planning
Dr. Bryna Warshawsky, the Public Health Agency of Canada
- To describe the infection prevention and control requirements for safely providing COVID-19 vaccines given the ongoing circulation of SARS-CoV-2T
- To highlight key messages regarding vaccine storage and handling requirements
- To provide planning parameters and strategies for organizing mass immunization clinics
Things to note:
• The presentation will be delivered in English and French on two separate days and recorded.
• The recording will be made available on the AMMI Canada website immediately following the event.